View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 01:49 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
While I agree, it's part of the process. What I don't understand though is people comparing it to real life situations. If an employer does that, I can switch job and get my fair market value again.

For the NHL(and other NA sports leagues) they are the only ones who can pay that much. That's what I don't understand, the swiss can't give up 70 mil capspace, neither can the rest. So even with a 10% paycut they still make more than any other league in the world 95% of the time. It's not the same as a real life situation.

IMO, if the players feel screwed by NHL owners, they can sign in KHL(assuming their contract is expired in NHL). I don't think they'd be happier with no pension, poor healthcare, poor transportation and less money in a foreign country(for most).
same goes for the owners, it's not like they can find players of Datsyuk, Criosby, Malkin, etc calibre elsewhere.

Nothing against the Moen or White of this world, but the league sure didnt make record revenues last year because of them.