View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 01:22 PM
ContrarianGoaltender

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Glad to see someone make a case for Worters. I honestly have no idea what to do with him this round. I like him better than Smith or Thompson, but that's a wide range.
Agreed that he should be easily above those two guys, but I do think they make for a pretty obvious bottom two this round. There are a few goalies who haven't come up yet that I would take over either Smith or Thompson.

This round seems to be unusually wide open, as Holecek and Worters are both real wild cards, Broda and Durnan had some majorly polarized voting last round, Parent is tough to figure out and seems to be dropping in the rankings, and Belfour, Esposito and Bower all seem to have their doubters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
What a stretch of 4 years! He stopped getting Hart consideration as soon as the forward pass was allowed, however. Not sure what to make of that. According to the All-Star voting, he was probably the 2nd best goalie after Charlie Gardiner even after 1930, so it's not like he didn't adjust.
Yes, and it should perhaps be noted as well that Worters led the league in GAA in 1930-31 but didn't get named to an All-Star Team, probably because the Americans didn't make the playoffs. Gardiner and Worters were neck-and-neck for the Vezina, but Thompson was at 1.98 on the best team in the league and was the 2AST ahead of Worters who was at 1.61 on the 8th best team? Seems highly unlikely the voters got that one right.

ContrarianGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote