View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Cause that takes effort-something most beer leaguers don't like giving. Just show up and play and hope for the best, that's the attitude that kills me and I see it all the time. Guys don't work out, they don't even attempt to eat right, don't invest in new equipment or replace the hockey museum collection they have and never practice. Then when it's game time and my team is the lowest scoring team in the league for 3 straight seasons they can't figure out why. If you don't want to do what it takes to either stay a decent hockey player or improve guys should voluntarily move down divisions until they are at the bottom where you can just show up and play and nobody cares. I can count the number of times I've heard a guy say he's moving down because he can't hang anymore on one hand.
This could be its own thread!

Interesting ideas, I wonder how other people feel about what you're saying. A year ago I would agree with this, but now I've lightened up and let most expectations go.

IMO what is super fun about adult rec. is it's each unto their own. We're coming from such different places to form a team. I do take my game, preparation, and most importantly practice fairly seriously. I caught the hockey bug strong, got excited, and thought "everybody" I played with was on board... but yea was at first a little let down while my own game continues to accelerate (slowly).

Some folks eat taco bell right before a game, only play once a week, never dry out their equipment, etc., and I do get a little chuckle yet enjoy playing together still. Keep improving your own game and you never know it could rub off and you'll always find a few that care, like here at the Rink.