View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
leftwinger37

vCash: 500
As I have vented in other threads, I have been beside myself since Warrior discontinued the Vanek pattern. I have used Weight/Vanek Dolo blades for the past three years with a Easton Synthesis Pro Shaft (the yellow one!) and more recently with the Warrior Dynasty shaft (also the Yellow one).

After experimenting with several other retail patterns (Kovalev, Spezza, Ryan) I have concluded that there is no suitable replacement retail pattern for me. I have had a couple CCM/RBK pro stock OPS in the D-15 pattern; I am quite fond of it, but it's hard to get attached to pro patterns because of the limited availablity.

Recently I have been looking into custom blades. I just placed an order with Eleven Hockey for three custom blades. Since I used to be a big fan of the Double Trouble blades back in the day, I was happy to learn that Bending Branches' innovations are available through Eleven.

I ended up creating a custom tapered heel pattern with a squared toe, a short hosel, and Double Trouble reinforcement. Their customer service was really good and my order was placed within four days of me sending in my sample (it helps that they're in MN and I'm in MI). I will post pics once I receive them and let you guys know how they perform. In all of my years playing hockey, this is my first custom order so I can't wait!

Last edited by leftwinger37: 11-20-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Added a link to their site
leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote