Old
11-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hockey is not the NHL, and the

This is a chance to go from Nashville Predators fans to hockey fans. Grow.
I used to follow all hockey. Other teams, different leagues, prospect games, overseas games...the works...hockey is a great game. Occasionally now I'll check out a Milwaukee game but my heart isn't into it because I'm somewhat in mourning. I'm watching a great league, a great game, be disassembled over money and stubbornness.

The last lockout was, I guess, a necessary evil. The game did come back healthier and better. So why not tweak over the 7 years and discuss the main issues instead of trying to completely rewrite the thing once August of 2012 arrived? Instead, both sides chose to ignore the whole thing and then play chicken instead of being adults. To allow even one preseason game to be cancelled shows a patent disrespect for the fans (particularly those who endured the cancellation of 2004-05), all the supporting team staff, referees, and everyone who makes their living off NHL games from ticket reps to the bar down the street to Doc Emrick. It screws the younger players and the journeymen out of a year of play at critical points in their careers. It is detrimental to small market programs trying to make headway when their public image is reduced to a millionaire vs billionaire contest not once but twice in less than a decade. It pushes youth programs back because this year's 8 year olds have no NHL heroes to watch and emulate. I think the entire league--both the owners and the players sides--have been shamelessly self serving and I don't know how much longer I'll continue to reward them.

I've gotten more done this past 2 months than I have in the past 10 falls. I haven't paid a monthly amount for tickets, parking, etc. I haven't gone to any radio shows or Preds parties. I have been able to step in and help my daughter when she was faced with daycare time constraints. I've gotten to know my granddaughter better. Every day that hockey doesn't happen, I realize how much of my life I've devoted to a league and players who don't give a damn about me.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote