View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Says the Jets fan.

The Yankees also have much tougher competition with 3 all stars added to the division.. Especially considering guys like Jeter and A fraud have very limited time left. The Yankees are an old team, and it just got harder for them..

I doubt that was the reason for the delay, but it wouldn't suprise me if they tried to influence Selig in some way....

A lot classier organizations have tried to intervene or influence in divisional opponents transactions (eg Holland trying to block the Radulov move to Nashville)
What does being a Jets fan have to do with it?

I'm sure that the Yankees (and the Red Sox) would lobby Selig to kill the deal if it actually benefited them, but it doesn't. Setting a precedent against salary dump trades would hurt the Yankees, significantly.

Put it this way: the Yankees will be buying other teams' top players long after Johnson, Reyes, and Buehrle are gone and forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Where was Bud when the Red Sox/Dodgers made that major trade?
Totally different situations from his perspective -- both Boston and LA are huge market teams that will continue to compete and spend money in the future, and both fanbases were happy with the deal. That deal had no downside for him, unlike this trade that leaves him with a fanbase in open revolt.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote