View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Rocko604

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
From a CIS fan perspective, that's dissapointing! That facility, that was used in the Olympics, would be a great place to host, but it would probably be a bust.
Personally, I could give a sweet f.... If they feel that way, but it's too bad for the T-Birds.
That opinion probably comes with years and years of never getting to the University Cup.
Edmonton has the Oilers, Oil Kings and supported the Bears when hosting in 2005-06, but Alberta has a rich history, unlike UBC.

I agree, it is disappointing. I think it all has to do with what you said at the end: it doesn't have a rich history. It would likely take a couple of University Cup titles for people to take notice.

People around here aren't familiar with it, and their crowds show. Averaging between 300-400 in a 5000 seat arena speaks for itself. People from the suburbs aren't going to drive to all the way to UBC for a product they don't know, when they have the WHL Giants in a more central location, along with three BCHL (Jr. A) teams in Coquitlam, Langley and Surrey.

Rocko604 is online now   Reply With Quote