View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
JohnnyReb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
Like I said a system like that would require strict pricing standard meaning a hot-dog in Glendale would cost the same than a hot-dog in Montreal. Otherwise why the hell would the Habs, Leafs and Rangers fans pay what they pay currently? All the while seeing their team spend exactly the same than the guys who get to watch the games for twenty bucks and a free beer in a three third empty arena! Ultimately fans of the teams who keep the lights on in this league will ran out of patience and just watch on tv and in a gate driven league that the kind of stuff that could topple the whole house of cards.
Why the hell do the Habs, Leafs and Rangers fans pay what they pay currently? All the while seeing their team spend exactly the same than the guys who get to watch the games for twenty bucks and a free beer in a three third empty arena!

Isn't that the situation we have now with the cap? The only difference would be that instead of the owners of those teams making double-digit profits they would be making single-digit profits. It would have zero effect on the fans, or prices.

I'm sure those teams would not be happy giving up those profits, but I doubt very much they would throw in the towel and aim to "just break even". They're still making profits, are they not? Why would they want to give that up??

JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote