View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
The thing about Fedor is that he liked to use the ropes to his advantage, alot of times he pushes himself off the ropes to give him more power in his shots. He started having more trouble once he started fighting in the cage (just like you said Pride rules, different ring, etc). I think Fedor could have still fought right now and could probably kick some ass in the UFC, but the problem is he's part owner of M1 Global and this is what's complicating things for him.

Fedor has been beating the BEST heavy weights in the world and was not defeated for 10 years. Anderson Silva is a living legend aswell. He is today's Bruce Lee. Both are amazing fighters but I just find the competition Fedor faced was tougher than fighting guys like Yushin Okami, Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin.
Well, let's not forget he jumped up to fight Bonnar and Griffin, and schooled them, badly.
But I can nitpick fights too and say I'm more impressed by Silva fighting guys like Franklin twice, Henderson, Sonnen than Fedor fighting Nagata, Tosaka, Goodridge.
I'm not gonna disagree though, the list of top contenders Fedor fought is more impressive. However, the way Silva dominated a lot of his opponents, and toyed with them, is just as impressive.
Bonnar is not a great fighter by any sense of the word. That being said, he does have a strong chin and can partake in good exchanges. The way Silva purposely moved into the cage, dropped his hands and had fun dodging punches as if he was in a training camp was unbelievable. If that wasn't enough, when he was fed up with his, he KOd him with a body hit. Did I mention this is in a division higher?

The list of fighters Fedor faced is more impressive, but the way Silva has fought his opposition is also more impressive than they way Fedor has.
In any event, they are both legends. I put Silva slightly on top because his reign hasn't come to an end yet.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote