View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
Schultz was my favorite prospect/player the first 5 years of the Wild. He was great in 02/03 with Willie Mitchell. The reason those Wild teams were good is because they all played their roles incredibly well. Most of them were journeymen, knew how to work, and Lemaire was/is a master of the x's and o's. It's not like Schultz was a top 3/4 d-man on a good team that was skilled. Last, and probably most important, is those teams were solely focused on defense. Scandella, while up with the NHL team, has played in a much different system with a team that has not been consistent at all. I don't think you can compare stats or depth chart to make a comparison. Remember, Schultz's 2 best years imo were during the clutch and grab days. So, really, hard to compare them at the same age.

For the sake of comparison, other than having good pokechecks, I don't see their games being similar at all. Scandella is much stronger/rangier, has better hands, not as good positionally, and has a much better shot. Schultz was probably a better shot blocker as well. I'd also say that Scandella has a better outlet pass than Schultz.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote