View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
sure you would since you never made that much money (neither did I), for the players it's their every year salary... so, do the same at your job, take what's considered every year salary, cut it by 10/20% and come back to tell us how happy you are to have your job

it's not anymore and that's why players are getting more. Chances are that if the cap was still 39M, no players would be making over 5 or 6 mil, or very few... now, lets try to remember why it isnt 39M anymore
Actually I don't have to think about this because it already happened to me. I got cut 11% because the company was struggling at the time. We worked hard to get it back on track and I got it all back on top of other bonuses. Would take the same decision today again. It also built a stronger relationship between the company and myself.

10% will always remain 10%, however, someone losing 3000$ out of 30K is more damaging than someone losing 500K out of 5M. The guy making 30K has very good chances to already be struggling, living in a tiny place, with an old car. The guy making 5M will still afford a very beautiful house, couple of luxury cars, eat out in the finest restaurants, travel wherever he wants, he will have access to every thing he wants.
One guy will need to cut on life supplies, the other will have to limit his luxuries. Comparing both is insulting.

You're right the cap is not at 39M, it's at 0. Nobody is earning a dime, except the players collecting signing bonuses.