View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 03:42 PM
That

vCash: 500
A player who's slowly catching my attention is the Saginaw Spirit's RW Nick Moutrey. He's a 6'4" 208 lb powerforward. He's listed as a RW, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him play a few games on the left side. When I say powerforward, I mean powerforward. He's physical, punishing and will beat you in a variety of ways. He's got soft hands too, so he will either go through you or around you. Good instincts around the crease and a solid wrist shot. He uses his body effectively too, protects the puck well and creates space using his body. He needs to work on his passing and puck skills. He got pretty good hands, but they could definitely be better. He does have good vision, but his passing isn't ideal.

Really talented player already and some room to grow. Could be a great late round pick, however if he keeps up the pace that he's playing at he'll most likely be a second rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
My thoughts on Sweden's 1st round possibilities are having as many as eight players again not including any goalies.Lindholm looks like a diamond in the rough along with Andre Burakowsky and Viktor Crus Rydberg as centers.Robert Hagg is another in a long line of Swedish defencemen that remind scouts of Nick Lidstrom,the usual comparisons made about forwards being like Peter Forsberg are always exaggerated but the Swedes definitely have some swagger at the draft tables every year it seems.Timmins of course has had his eyes on Wennberg since last year and who knows how many others have garnered his interest.It's going to be a great Entry Draft this year,there are very good prospects into the 3rd round,let's hope the Habs get to draft a couple of really smart and talented forwards to complement Galchenyuk for the future.Another defence prospect that has caught my attention is Marc McNulty LD for Prince George Cougars,in 15 games he has 4 goals and two assists and his size is a bonus @6'6" and a mere mortal 190 lbs.he could be an interesting draft choice for the future.
I watched him the other night against Kamloops. I had no idea that he was draft eligible. He played a solid game. He's still really raw, but he's got some great tools to work with. He's an intriguing player for sure.