View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
As flashy as Datsyuk is, I don't think the average fan who considers himself a "hardcore hockey fan" truly understands just how subtle his game actually is. That might be the best part of his game these days. His hockey IQ - in how he reads the game offensively and defensively don't always show up in a fancy stickhandling sequence. His ability to be disruptive and responsible defensively without even touching the player/puck is one of my favorite parts to his game. And I'm not talking about when he comes away with a takeaway.

When people refer to Datsyuk as "flashy" it's easy to see why, but he's so much more than a flashy player that labeling him simply as that is a bit of a slap in the face. That'd be like labeling Miguel Cabrera as "swing for the fences" type of guy.
There aren't whole lot of people around here that are average hockey fans and post. I think most of us understand the subtle assets of his game and what I am saying is that Zetterberg has all of those same assets. They are each better at certain things. Datsyuk has more talent, Zetterberg is more consistent for me outside of his first month of every season.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote