View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I could see Louisville being attracted to the ACC, especially if the Big East's BCS status is in jeopardy. From a basketball standpoint its probably a wash and it would be an upgrade in football.
I could see Louisville following West Virginia to the Big XII, also, since they're concerned with quality football as well as basketball, and the Big XII has better football and high-quality basketball.

Maryland's departure could have huge implications for the other schools. If they can whittle down the $50M exit fee, then other schools will be able to do the same, and that means Florida State is Big XII bound (their only real option, IMO).

With the recent move to take away the Big East's AQ in the playoff system come 2014, this could be the knockout punch for that conference's football championship. Boise and SDSU are already rethinking their moves, and the Independent waters apparently haven't been as inviting for BYU as the Cougars thought they would be. That would put the Mountain West in the position I thought it was going to be in when all of this crap started - as the premier mid-major football league. To be honest, I just want to see everyone go nuts and try to get to 16 (the highest I can see anyone going), then let everything else shake out.

On a note unrelated to the conference shuffle, ETSU had two players arrested yesterday for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia:

Quote:
Investigators with the First Judicial Drug Task Force told News Channel 11 Dubose gave permission to have a package checked at the post office. Investigators told us that package contained marijuana. That find, according to investigators, led to a search of the apartment where Dubose and Cooley lived.
Basically, somebody was sending Dubose weed by mail, which - as if using controlled substances (or any substances) while on a full scholarship weren't bad enough - is just incredibly dumb.

Our team now has a combined 12.35 games of Division I experience.