View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Mcginn came in playing on fire no doubts, and I actually had reservations about him when that trade went down. My concern I guess there, is that I've seen so many players come into our club, shoot the lights out, then, for whatever reason flounder later. Mcginn got 7 goals in his first 8 games, the got 1 goal in his last 9.

This has also happened with various other players (again for various reasons), and they have been (in the recent years) Mueller, Downie, Anderson, Elliott to name but a few examples.

Jones is very streaky - especially after his last long term injury. He doesn't enjoy that explosive speed he used to have (I recall a goal he got from a turnover in the opposition end, ripped down the ice, and let a rocket off) - he too, only got 3 goals in his last 10. For 4 million bucks, I want more than that. He's sharing the same salary as John Tavares, Ryan Callahan, and Joe Pavelski this season (if played), so I expect a lot - a real lot - he supposed to be one of our marquee players now - no 37 point garbage. In fact, anything under 50 points, is a failure for mine.

Someone on here did an outstanding post (maybe Lonewolf???) on Stazz, and his synergies with variant wingers, and it made a heck of a lot of sense. I'll try and find it and link it later.

I kind of feel for him. I kind of feel for his Dad, who was extremely upset when Stewart was traded away. I don't think our club gives Stastny the best tools and weapons, to grow into the player he can be. Honestly, after his 3rd year of playing three straight awesome productive years, all I have seen, is regression, and why not? Wingers like Stoa, Tucker, Lindstrom, Kobasew, Wolski (some of which I really had high hopes for in Stoa / Wolski) didn't give Stazz much to go on.

Nah mate, I reckon the club should have done better by Stazz. Maybe he'll get Parenteau? I also worry very much about placing Parenteau on a line with two players (Hejduk / Duchene) who are required to have bounce back years for whatever reason. That could really end in tears. It's not like Duchene / Hejduk are Tavares / Moulson now, and Johnson is Streit. Parenteau will have to lift a few gears imo, and carry somewhat some of our players (to begin with).

Anyways, I regress. I believe the club should have acquired Stazz some top line quality depth, so we HAVE just that, a proper NHL contesting top line. What we have now "in my opinion", is three rather good second lines (and I'm being kind).

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375
I also think that McGinn and Jones are good complement for Stastny, at least for now . Like Bender said McGinn was able to put good numbers last year and correct me if i'm wrong, but he wasnt playing on the top line in SJ and still if you combine his stast for both teams , he was able to score 20 goals.

As for Jones , well you're right , he doesnt have the speed that he once had , he had a major knee surgery a few seasons ago and that took some of his speed away . I really hope that the lockout will be benefic for him and his knee , that he'll regain the speed that he lost .

So on paper, those 3 stays togetter. First because it's working for them on the same line and more important, they shouldnt breakup the Downie , Radar , Lando line.

As for Parenteau, well that poor Duchene deserve a good player to play with , well he played with Statsny once , but we all know that the LW experiment dont work .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote