View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Missionhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganave View Post
Newb goalie advice - on a breakaway I want to make the save at the top of the crease to take away most of the net. When your stick blade is pointed at me, I know I've got a little bit more time before I need to commit to some sort of save. When your blade points to the boards, them I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a save.

Not to downplay dekes, but I find it harder to make the save against someone who decides quickly what shot they want to do and where. I really hate getting beat in the 5 hole when someone elevates it just above my blade when I'm going down into a butterfly.

Also something to consider is simply firing a shot hard and low. You probably won't score, but it'll probably leave a rebound in the kill zone if I can't get my blade on it. I hate it when that happens because if you know one of your guys are right behind you, they can pick up the rebound and catch me when I'm on the ice.
Piggy backing from a skater's pov, I normally try to keep the puck in a shooting position at all times. I rarely shoot on a break away, but it gives the goalie something to think about.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote