View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 05:53 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Coaches from all levels are rejoicing the fact that you don't wear stripes(if you do...stay away from any of my team's games..or bring a body guard you'll need it)
key point: Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

It is a discretionary call. The ref in my opinion got it right.
I don't referee, but I don't think that's fair to say. I'm a goalie. I've played the position at various levels for 17 years and I disagree with that assessment. While the player did make contact with the goalie, I don't believe it was his fault. If your own teammate leads the opponent into you, the goal has always stood wherever I've played even though they may be inhibiting me from moving freely and defending my goal. That is what I saw. If the attacking player freely went into Patterson (which I don't believe happened) then I would agree with you.

As you said it is a discretionary call, and if it was up to my discretion I would have allowed it. I don't think that discredits my abilities to see what the call was and what I believe it should have been. Sitting in the arena as it happened, I believed it to be the wrong call, and the Knights to get a bit of a lucky break.