Thread: Yashin
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
Before anyone gets crazy, I do realize that his salary is ridiculous, and that any thought of him playing in montreal would probably cause the french media to blow a gasket...
that being said, would this deal interest anyone?

To mtl- Yashin, 7th overall pick, Campoli/Grebeshkov

to NYI- Zednik, rights to Ribeiro

here's my logic:
we get a shot a drafting Brassard (or another elite prospect, mueller/frolik, ect), we get a pretty solid young offensive d prospect (both are very good skaters from what I read) and we get a very talented, 6-3 220pds, centre.
Yeah, he's overpaid by 2-3 million given his recent production, but Yashin is still one of the top offensive centres in the league, and occasionally displays the "stuff" that put him amongst the leagues very best for a few years.
It would be a gamble, for sure, but the upside is absolutely huge (imagine yashin clicking with kovy and both of them scoring close to 100pts/per for the next 3-4 years, plus giving lot's of time for brassard to develop, plus adding a potential top 4 d-man)
The downside is obviously the 30 million going to him over the next 5 years... but we still get the two very good prospects, and the 2nd line centre with some size and skating ability that we need (at worst yashin will still be good for 60+ points)

Am I absolutely crazy? or is this a gamble that might just be worth the risk...

LOL

sorry u can't dump your garbage on our door

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote