Thread: Proposal: Isles/Coyotes
View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I really don't get it. You are a team stacked on D but light on O, you have two guys who could fetch you HUGE returns, one of which is the building block of your team that you would never trade(OEL), leaving basically one option(Yandle). Meanwhile, even though you are light on O you still have a good enough team to make, or at least challenge for the playoffs every year, essentially guaranteeing you a draft pick in the 15-30 range, making it very difficult to find elite talent through the draft.

Now, I can understand wanting to trade Yandle for established NHL talent, but to request John Tavares basically implies that Yandle is untouchable, which I think makes absolutely zero sense considering the factors I already mentioned.

I don't get it.
LA traded Jack Johnson and a conditional 1st for Jeff Carter. But they did it after they had Doughty locked in long term and Voynov looked fully ready. I think Yandle is a little better than Jack Johnson. I think OEL is going to be looking for a long term deal this summer. I think Gormley is getting closer, but not there yet. And I think Maloney will be looking for a similar deal when the time comes. But the time hasn't come yet and we don't have a clue what the new CBA might bring.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote