View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Bert Marshall days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Since the Isles' announced the move to Brooklyn, I've constantly had the thought in my head that the Sound Tigers would eventually relocate to Uniondale. Renovate the Coliseum into a scaled-down, modernized entertainment/sports complex. You probably won't get the big money acts coming out there, but you'll at least have minor-league hockey in a nice facility and be able to attract some "C-list" entertainment there.

What this does for Nassau is allow them to recoup some of the lost revenue they'd lose when the Isles leave and save some face by at least having minor league hockey there. But more importantly, for the organization itself...the entire organization can run out of one central office in Brooklyn or out on the Island, if need be. Your players, both NHL and AHL are very close...and it "could" feel like the Islanders aren't completely leaving Long Island. That might be Wang's motivation in holding onto IceWorks, Marriott, and the Isles offices. Make IceWorks the Sound Tigers practice facility...have a new, smaller Coliseum be the home of the Long Island Sound Tigers...move Sound Tigers staff into Isles' current offices...and build a new practice facility/offices in Brooklyn for the Islanders.

Quite frankly, I think that'd be a win-win for almost everybody. Even for the disenfranchised Suffolk/Nassau Isles fans that are pissed about the Isles moving. Perhaps they would now still follow the team if they can watch the Baby Islanders in a newly renovated Coliseum.

Alot of this, of course, depends on Wang's agreement in Bridgeport. Is there a lease for the Sound Tigers and how long does it run, can it be broken?
Why would NYI compete against itself for attendance? Giving nassau, suffolk people a reason to stay closer and discourage them more from going to Brooklyn with another option isn't smart.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote