View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 05:31 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Scruggs figured out that the "smartest thing" for Jamison to do is to wait to purchase the team until the end of the season. Then he gets $11 million with only minor penalties payable to the COG. I hope Jamison isn't listening.
I have a quote from 3 years ago somewhere where I said the same basic thing. I have never understood why any of the potential buyers would want to buy this team mid-season.

The smartest thing to do would be to announce that you are buying the team affective next season. That way 2 things happen:

- The fans know that the team has a new owner starting the next season and those that are fans will flock back to the team and buy STs etc.

- The CoG / NHL is left covering the losses in the current season. Me as the buyer don't start paying the bills until the up coming season.

In Jamisons case, the agreement was for just $11M (year 1 ) minus $60,000 or whatever for every game missed due to the current lockout. The best thing for him financially is to forget this season and start getting $14M for next season.