View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
I have a quote from 3 years ago somewhere where I said the same basic thing. I have never understood why any of the potential buyers would want to buy this team mid-season.

The smartest thing to do would be to announce that you are buying the team affective next season. That way 2 things happen:

- The fans know that the team has a new owner starting the next season and those that are fans will flock back to the team and buy STs etc.

- The CoG / NHL is left covering the losses in the current season. Me as the buyer don't start paying the bills until the up coming season.

In Jamisons case, the agreement was for just $11M minus $60,000 or whatever for every game missed due to the current lockout. The best thing for him financially is to forget this season and start getting $14M for next season.

My view on this is, while that makes sense, I think the fear here is that if this deal doesn't get all done and finished NOW, the new council is toss this deal when they take office-ergo, if he doesn't buy it now, there's a pretty good chance there won't be a team to buy, OR, there WILL be a team to buy, but they won't be playing in AZ if he waits till end of season (which the way CBA talks are going, may just happen anyway)

But yea, seeing this is now in year 3/4, why not (previously) make the announcement to buy at end of year-but that was then, this is now I guess...