2012 CBA Discussion Part IV (Lockout talk here)
View Single Post
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Join Date: May 2003
A must read
The sides have more or less agreed to:
• Change the free agent calendar, meaning the market would open on June 15 or 48 hours after the awarding of the Stanley Cup — the players want whichever is later — instead of July 1. Arbitration dates may change as well.
• Allow cap space to be included in transactions, to encourage trades and get teams out from under heavy contracts.
• A joint health committee.
• Eliminate re-entry waivers.
• A neutral, third-party arbitrator to deal with appeals for on- and off-ice discipline.
• Minimum roster requirements to avoid situations where teams dress fewer than 18 players to save salary cap room.
Much more detail and tidbits in it..
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ranold26