Old
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Actually, they do.
Bourque's numbers when he was on the ice compared to when he was off the ice are much greater than Lidstrom's numbers for the same.
Lidstrom made his team better but not by nearly the degree that Bourque made his better.
We have been over this before, Bourque played on worse teams that Lidstyrom, waht would one expect?

Also it's just one set of number to compare.

Quote:
And Lidstrom's defensive numbers aren't skewed by playing in the low scoring DPE? Riiiight..

How would the DPE skew LLidstrom's numbers in any positive way?
Quote:
The Russians came over after 1989 btw. Bourque faced your "fully integrated league" for half of his career, won 2 of his Norris, was runner up 4 more times and 3rd twice during as well as 6 First team all-star nods and 2 2nd team nods in those 11 years..

The Russians are only part of the "fully integrated league". In any comp Lidstrom's league was more fully integrated than any of Bouque, Orr, Harvey.

I will run numbers on this later, please take the time to read and absorb them.

Quote:
Even all those guys combined, it's no where even remotely close to the frequency that Harvey went up against Howe and Hull EACH per season..

Harvey and the Habs, remember all thsoe HHOFers he played with, also got to play the extremely weak Black Hawks very often, Hull and Mikita were there only in the altter part of Harveys career. The NYR and Boston were hardly dynasties during harveys career as well.

Quote:
What do you honestly think is harder to do?
Facing those very top end players a dozen or so times a season total or facing those very top end players 14 times EACH per season + playoffs?
Hmmmm....I wonder how Lidstrom's defensive numbers survive facing Gretzky and Lemieux 14 times EACH a season.
I think that if you look at teh actual facts the level of competion for Harvey was much less than for Lidstrom.

Hull was 19 in 58 when he played his 1st season in the NHL and before that the Black Hawks were Columbus like. The Rangers and Boston were pretty weak during Harvey's tenure as well.