View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I'm not sure if I would even give just Smith for Johnson.
Lol...yeah Smith has been putting up numbers not unlike John-Michael Liles. OMGZ THE MESSIAH IS HERE!!! His 14 NHL games are something to behold and it's not that he hasn't been good enough to play in the NHL before, he was and has been for YEARS! It's just that now is the right time to take his rightful place as greatest of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Det-Col one is brutal for Detroit.

Draft position doesn't really mean a whole lot when 6 years later he has struggled on two teams and hasn't come close to living up to expectations.

Chances are Smith will be better than Johnson anyway, the gap probably isn't even that much going into next season. And then the Wings have to add their best forward prospect AND a pick?
Yeah, clearly Johnson has struggled. Especially in 2010 when he played in the Olympics for USA against the best players in the world while Smith was playing against a bunch of no-names for the University of Wisconsin.

You'd think that one would be much older than the other but EJ is only 24 and ONE year older than Smith. All this time, Johnson hasn't been good enough to play in the NHL and Smith has been. Crazy world, huh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Yeah I wouldn't even think about it. Johnson is nothing special. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith considered better than him after this year.
Yeah probably although it looks as though he's also going to have to leapfrog about 30 guys as well considering he's not even on that list. MAN, he's SO GOOD, he's under everyone's radar....he's like a super-spy submarine or something.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1247437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Avs laugh at that proposal.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
lol at Aves fans thinking that's bad for them. Col GM would take that deal and run, and Holland would be run out of Detroit. Perspective, folks.
No, it's called a proven commodity, a guy that has shown that he CAN play big minutes in the NHL as a d-man under the age of 23, for 2 guys that have played a combined 32 games of NHL hockey. While you guys are allowed to LOVE your prospects, the Avs would never trade EJ for a package like this. It makes NO sense for them, considering what they gave up for him AND for where they are at in the overall team development.

And by the by, homer wings fans, you want to compare EJ and Smith well then you need to put Brendan Smith in the same exact situation as EJ finds himself in with THIS Colorado team as opposed to completely insolated by a veteran team that had guys like Lidstrom, Kronwall & Stuart.

I remember when JM Liles came in and started playing for us and he started his NHL career with Rob Blake. Much, MUCH easier to do than when you're alternating between Shane O'Brien and Matt Hunwick.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote