View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Baertschi is absolutely in the same tier as Tarasenko and Granlund, kid is incredible. Wish the Avs had drafted him to be honest.

Anyways, as for the package, I'm not really sure - it's a pretty significant package, almost the same one that the Avs sent for EJ. Obviously Shattenkirk >> late first and Stewart's value is down, but then 2 other valuable pieces came back in that EJ trade.

So I guess my premise is that you could probably get a similar player - target a LH D that has that type of high end potential but is just not quite fitting in their situation somewhere. I'm not sure how many of those exist. I would have suggest someone like Jack Johnson but with the drama around his move to Columbus I doubt its all that likely that he'd be in play. Alzner would be perfect for St. Louis but Washington can't really afford to move him. I feel like right now a trade of that magnitude just isn't there for an established player, most of the dmen I'd target have reasons to stay where they are.

I think they could go after getting a top end prospect that's not far from the show like Gormley along with some other valuable asset coming back, but that obviously doesn't meet St. Louis's needs right away. Probably best to be patient for a while and see if Stewart bounces back and find out what they have in Rattie while they wait for the right deal to come along.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote