View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 10:54 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Ex-goalie here...goalie coach and Minor Hockey Coach (D1 certified). I gotta know the rule book inside and out..that's my only recourse as a coach..which is why I am so adamant when I say it was the correct call. I wouldn't want a team at any level to lose a game on a blown call like allowing that goal to stand would have been. That would be a travesty...if it was cut and dry..Owen Sound's coach would have went ballistic..he didn't..thus I feel he also agreed with the on ice call.
I'm all the same, save the minor hockey coach. That will come in due time. If I felt the attacker had run into the goalie on his own, again, I would agree with you, but I didn't see it that way.

If an attacker is pushed or lead into the opposing goalie by a defender, there's no way that goal can be called back. It wouldn't be fair to the attacker. That is what I saw from where I was seated. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

If the player skated into the goalie on his own accord, I would agree, no goal. I did not see it that way.