Thread: Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 12:57 AM
488fitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I've proposed a similar deal in the past and Leaf fans weren't overly interested. As many Leaf fans commented, they need sandpaper more than skill and Kulemin plays a hard game with a bit of skill. Something I saw in this thread gave me hope though, and that's the potential threeway with VAN involving Luongo. A Nucks fan even sounded receptive contingent on a plus going their way. Here's my crack at it.

To VAN: Hemsky, EDM and TOR 3rd rders 2012

To EDM: Kulemin

To TOR: Luongo

The Oil give up a pick because they are gaining greater cap flexibility (2.2mil difference between Hemmer and Kuli). Toronto gives up a pick because they are getting the best player in the deal. Vancouver gets a guy that - if healthy (big if, I know) - has proven to be near a ppg player and would be a nice compliment to Kesler and Booth.

I am loathe to give up a healthy and motivated Hemsky, but I feel Kulemin would be a better fit with Yakupov, even if he never returns to his 30 goal season (would be more than happy with a 20-20 guy who creates space and takes care of his own end).

That logic is laughable.

I think HF has poisoned your brain. Hemsky is a dangerous player and doesn't shy away from contact
no matter what the experts on here say. He has also gotten much better in the past 2 years without the puck.

Hemsky > Kulemin

Wanting to trade Hemsky + 3rd for Kulemin, where Hemmer ends up on a rival team in our division is a horribad idea.

Last edited by 488fitter: 11-21-2012 at 01:10 AM.
488fitter is online now   Reply With Quote