View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Honestly, if you were Schultz wouldn't your focus be hitting your rookie bonuses? The bonuses are more than the base salary and that would be my focus.

On Edmonton he is basically going to be guaranteed #1 unit PP time which is the key to hitting a lot of the bonuses.

I believe that on Vancouver he would have also had a shot at getting #1 PP time as a RH defenseman (it's him or Bieksa but Bieksa is more valuable on the PK and in a shutdown role) which would have basically guaranteed him hitting his rookie bonuses.
Garrison would have gotten the spot. We didn't sign him to a 4.6 mil cap hit to stick him on the third pairing with no PP time. Garrison is basically our Salo replacement, and he'd make a really good one playing with Edler and the Sedins on the PP. I could see him putting up similar numbers this year.

I highly doubt Schultz would have gotten more than third pairing minutes in Vancouver, but in the long run I'd prefer if we made a better pitch to get Schultz. Hard to beat Gretzky, though.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote