View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
Well, the way I see it Eric is a pretty good bet to make the team at this point, regardless of how well Jordan and Skinner are playing. He's an established, versatile veteran, a great skater, who could slot in at C or LW on any line and not look out of place. Jordan has a reasonable chance, in my view. I have him below Bergeron as a defensive-oriented center, and then it becomes a question of whether you really need him there if you already have Toews (more of a 2-way presence), Bergeron, Richards, and Nash. But, the fact is Hockey Canada loves the guy (like all Staal Bros.), and he was mentioned as a pretty good bet for our 2010 4th line, but ultimately left off obviously. It wouldn't be outlandish if he made the team as well.

Skinner has some work to do - as you mentioned, top 10 in scoring, the 'Canes trio are setting the league on fire, a playoff run (heck, a playoff appearance), maybe an injury to one of our RWers. I personally don't think he belongs, based on what I've seen so far (I'd rather have a guy like Carter or Sharp, probably even Seguin or Benn), but one has to acknowledge that he's got a shot. I can't envision Yzerman taking an entire line of forwards who's team hasn't even made the playoffs in a number of years.

To get the 'Canes line in there, you'd need to line up the forwards something like this (and for the record I personally wouldn't be in favour of this lineup representing us in the Olympics):

Nash - Crosby - Eberle
Tavares - Stamkos - Giroux
Richards - Toews - Perry
Staal - Staal - Skinner
Bergeron
I don't like this team much either. I didn't think the Nash-Crosby combo meshed in 2010 and I doubt there will be in 2014. JT I prefer to keep at center and not move to the wing...whereas Stammer I can see playing the wing more effectively.

Perry I'm not sold on him being included at all...and of course I already have my doubts about the the two Staals and Skinner....Eric is the only one I give a shot at returning, but not a given.

Will be interesting.