View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Again this makes no sense....how did the Kings face softer match-ups in PHO and NJ??? Those teams BEAT the supposed "better teams"...thus making them the better team.
You aren't serious, right?

Phoenix barely made the playoffs themselves and rode the hot streak of a journeyman goaltender, who has hit the waiver wire a couple of times, to the conference finals. Nashville would have been a far tougher test, healthy, great defensively, great goaltender, just had chemistry problems after the Radulov/AK47 benching.

NJ finished 6th, stumbled past Florida, caught a Flyers team that had been completely exposed defensively and in net by an explosive and unlucky Penguins team, and managed to get past a gassed Rangers team that played two tougher than expected 7 game series. I don't think many people had NJ coming out of the East. All the predictions I saw had either NYR, Pittsburgh, Boston or Philadelphia coming out of the East, with most taking Rangers or Penguins.

LA gets full marks for winning those series, but come on, you can't with a straight face tell me you expected Phoenix in the conference finals or the Devils in the SCF. Cup winning teams sometimes need a bit of luck, and the Kings got an incredible amount of luck in their run. I can't see why Kings fans aren't able to admit this.

But this is a discussion about next season. Are the Kings favorites to repeat? I'd say no, but it's not completely out of the question. I'd put several teams ahead of them in the odds, but hey, that's why the game is played on the ice, right?

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote