Old
11-21-2012, 04:40 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
You aren't serious, right?

Phoenix barely made the playoffs themselves and rode the hot streak of a journeyman goaltender, who has hit the waiver wire a couple of times, to the conference finals. Nashville would have been a far tougher test, healthy, great defensively, great goaltender, just had chemistry problems after the Radulov/AK47 benching.

NJ finished 6th, stumbled past Florida, caught a Flyers team that had been completely exposed defensively and in net by an explosive and unlucky Penguins team, and managed to get past a gassed Rangers team that played two tougher than expected 7 game series. I don't think many people had NJ coming out of the East. All the predictions I saw had either NYR, Pittsburgh, Boston or Philadelphia coming out of the East, with most taking Rangers or Penguins.

LA gets full marks for winning those series, but come on, you can't with a straight face tell me you expected Phoenix in the conference finals or the Devils in the SCF. Cup winning teams sometimes need a bit of luck, and the Kings got an incredible amount of luck in their run. I can't see why Kings fans aren't able to admit this.
I will explain it to you.

Probably because for months already people like you constantly try to downgrade EVERY team the Kings faced. They were lucky (meanwhile: incredibe amount of luck) that they had to play that particluar team because they should have faced "that other team" who had far more quality. For some odd reason that happened 4 times. Yet they all failed to get the job done. Of course a result of injuries and a bad hair day of their GM. When their GM had no hair at all, than the 7 games series becomes an argument. When that team didnt even play a 7 game series, than inexperience became a factor.

I think some get a little tired of it. You need some luck to win but I think some Kings fans cant even admit this anymore because of the crap above. Everyone who have watched the Kings play, should be totally ashamed to say stuff like that.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote