Old
11-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Ceremony
I wanted to accept

vCash: 2865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I don't think you have a clue.

I can see why Detroit does not do that deal...if I was in their spot I would probably not want to do that either...what is hilarious is the uneducated fans trying to pretend they know more about the "Aves" than Avs fans. The Avs would politely decline...our D is a mess without EJ. We cannot afford to move him. No need to get all insulted and post dumb things because we say no. Thank you to the intelligent posters who can actually see both sides of this and not post things like "Avs take this and run" while not thinking about the Avs at all.

Stuff like this..."lol at Aves fans thinking that's bad for them. Col GM would take that deal and run, and Holland would be run out of Detroit. Perspective, folks." Wow....
This post sums up my point. Wings fans can say that's an over-payment for Johnson and they could well be right, but there is no way in hell the Avs make this trade. If you were the GM of a team and someone phoned you up saying:

"Hi! We'd like your best defenseman for two prospects and a 3rd, leaving you with a whole d-corps who are all not first pairing defensemen,"

You are not going to take the deal, nor is it foolish to know that your GM wouldn't take it if it's offered in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Ahh, my bad. That's his problem then.
It's an aside, but if this (Lacroix saying he won't trade with Detroit is true) then there are bigger problems afoot in Denver.

(It's not all bad though, I'd rather have Downie than Quincey or that 1st rounder )

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote