11-21-2012, 07:34 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'd probably rank the Ranger Untouchables as follows:

1. Hank
2. McD

As far as that contract offer, IMO that is just wishful thinking. He's going to get somewhere near the $6M neighborhood each year, if I had to guess. Stepan should get a decent raise as well, maybe $3M. Maybe more.

What's interesting is that the following year the Rangers have a ton of contracts expiring. Most notably: Lundqvist, Gaborik, Callahan, Boyle, Girardi and Stralman. This will probably be Hank's last big payday, so I'm assuming he will want at least what he's making now, if not slightly more in the Rinne range. Callahan is a lock to be re-signed, although I don't know if he'll get a raise from his $4.875M in 13/14. I could see Girardi asking for a solid $1.5M raise, considering I think he'd be able to get it in a heartbeat on the open market.

The main thing I'm curious about is, do they plan on letting Gaborik walk? Especially now that they have Nash in the fold as well as a developing Kreider? Or will they try to trim fat elsewhere to keep him around? Because I just don't see any way they can give these guys the raises that they deserve while keeping them all together.
My guess? Gaborik is traded at the 2013 draft to replenish the 1st they move to get Nash.

That 7.5 or whatever it is going to end up being will be needed to resign the RFA's coming up.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote