View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 07:47 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
That's why I was hoping they would hire a guy like Grouxl, or Houle, guys who have experience coaching young guys, and they have success too. IMO they should have done what they did with Boucher before, I don't see Lefebvre having a future coaching the Habs.
Lefebvre has coached youngsters. He coached for the farm team of Colorado (as assistant mind you) and also coached in Junior AAA, quite successfully with the Cougars du Collège Champlain, probably the best AAA program there was back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When we hired Randy Lefebvre there was a lot of talk about how he was going to be groomed to be the coach of the future. No thank you.
It's Sylvain Lefebvre.

Also the future is not now It's his first time as an HC. He has to learn a few things too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Do you not assign much development value to making the AHL playoffs?

Do you not assign much development value to giving Beaulieu and Ellis more passing options on the PP?
I understand that a winning environment is better for the kids. They could have stacked the team and make a rush for the calder cup by having 2 vets in the top6 but they prefered to play the kids, and that's fine to me.

All I'm saying is that the main goal for a farm team is to develop the players, not necessarily win games.

The Wings probably have one of the best development system, yet you rarely see the Griffins trounce the league like Nordfolk did last year or like the Bears usually do.