View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 09:53 AM
TonyTinglebone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Toney when would this selection take place I hear most were selected before the weekend any truth to that.

thanks
From what I understand the selection is an ongoing process right up until the invitations are disclosed. If I were to wager a guess, I would say that they would have an idea of some of the guys that they would want to see in that game, but would make adjustments as the weekend goes along depending on what they see. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they based these teams 100% on the tournament play or 100% on pre-tournament play.

Remember that you would have scouts from NS, NB, PEI, NFLD and QC there. Maybe a scout has a guy that they aren't 100% on and they want opinions from other members of their staff from a different area, so they push for him in this game so everyone gets a better look.

And again this is not necessarily all the top players from this tournament. If people think that just because a player wasn't selected for this game that they are never going to get a look from a Q scout, they are dead wrong.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote