Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
So I realize I need to stop doing this, since picking a player as one of my favourites seems to be sure way to ensure they go to a team a loath (Rickard Rakell, 11, ANA; Tomas Jurco, 11, DET; Faksa, 12, DAL), but this year I think I am on the Marko Dano train. Youngest player in the KHL at just 17 years old (turning 18 before the end of the year though, late birthday), he is playing really well with Slovan Bratislava. Has only 2g, 4pts in 18gp and less than ideal size, but skates pretty well, got a wicked shot, good hands, just good offensive sense. Was supposed to come over the play with Prince George this year but decided to stay at home and play with Slovan instead, and the chance to play in the best league in the world at that age is pretty hard to turn down. This is the type of player you could bring across next year and get into the AHL at 18/19, potential shooting top 6 in a few years.

Hopefully with so many extra picks the Jets go outside the box with a mid/late pick or two and go for some high end skill...guys like Sutter and Olsen are fine, but you are not going to get a top end skill guy with those type of picks, swing for the fences with a pick or two, IMO.
Interesting Holden, I agree with your take on swinging for the fences with a few mid/late picks. Especially this year when we have a few more.

Your post leads me to ask this question, everyone likes to talk about who they would want in the top 10.

Who are the guys that people like in the 2nd and 3rd?