View Single Post
11-21-2012, 09:04 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Fred Taylor View Post
I have him 13th just behind Jagr. He is rated fairly poorly by a lot of people compared to the type of numbers he put up. He set an NHL record 126 points in a year where Orr was still a 60 point player, that says something to me.
Yup I have Espo at that 10, 11, 12 mix too. I think him and Guy are neck and neck but Guy gets the nod because he was the best player on his team.

Also in that mix of just outside the top 10 is Potvin. IMO he was just that much better than Bourque and Lidstrom. It's very close between the three but Potvin was just as good as them offensively and defensively but also played with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Orr - Forget the great stats and youtube vids, you just needed to see Orr play. Nobody dominated the entire ice like him. He would control the puck for 85% of the time he spent out on the ice.

Lemieux - Its funny how you can make a case for any of these top four guys being the #1 and not be wrong. Lemieux is the best hockey player I've ever seen play. Not even Orr could bend the game to his will like Lemieux did. Where Orr held on to the puck and controled plays for most of the game, Lemieux could score a goal that just left your jaw dropped on the floor, get the crowd buzzing and left teams deflated. Then if a team went at him it was like poking a lion. There was a fear factor with him that was almost shark like. At the same time, I just can't give him credit for games not played and when you put together a list like this it counts.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote