View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 09:22 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
I've been a die hard NHL fans for years but I'm waning myself. I won't lie and say I won't be back when the puck drops again, but as of right now I haven't watched the NHLN since July, I don't have any plans on going 3-4 hours to the "local" NHL barn, I haven't put aside any money for Center Ice, I've told people to get me other things instead of the usual NHL merchandise for the holidays, and I quit following several players on Twitter. People thought having a more open social media would help keep fans informed on this round of the CBA, but I've found myself the more inundated with all this "information", the more it makes me roll my eyes and not care.
I'm in the same boat. Although I have watched NHLN and the vintage Penguins rewind that Root Sports has been airing, it's obviously not the same. I finally got around to buying a few frames to start hanging jerseys, but I don't have the slightest motivation to hang them with this lockout going on. Aside from one time where I wasn't thinking, I haven't worn a single Penguins shirt, hat, etc. since the lockout has started. Why should I show my support for something that can't display it's product? Even the license plate frame that was destroyed in my accident (maybe destroyed is a harsh word, the frame was but the car wasn't) would have been replaced the second I got my car back from the shop. To be honest, I haven't even bothered looking for another one.

Even if the league does come back this year, I don't think I'm going back to the arena. For the last few seasons, I went to 5-6 games plus a playoff game. Even when I lived out of town and a drive to Mellon or even the Civic Arena was 90 min, I'd still go to 2-3 games a season. This year? I'm not sure I'd even go with free tickets. That's where I am with the league.

The 2004-05 lockout was a necessity. This one is more about greed from both sides. The so and so isn't offering what we want, the walking away for days or weeks at a time...I've stopped caring about the negotiating. I don't want to hear about how they met for 90 minutes on Monday. I've had games of Super Mario Bros that have lasted longer than that. I don't want to hear that they will be meeting later in the week. If I had that same routine at work, my ass would be fired. This lockout didn't randomly appear. There was plenty of time and buildup and both sides knew it was gonna happen. I think that's the part that bothers me the most: that both sides knew about it but didn't do **** until it was too late.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote