View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Hah, last night I told my girlfriend they need mind control remotes because I didn't want to lean over and grab it off the table from the couch.

The thing with Nintendo is they do a solid job with their programming but the hardware is awful. The Mario Galaxy games aren't bad, Twilight Princess seemed to be loved, the Wii Play and Sports were all good. A lot of the games you can pick right up and play and enjoy. They've almost always had great first party titles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid).

But the Wii controllers were so bad...when they came out they are okay at best but needed an additional piece of hardware to sense the motion properly, and even then it's good but not great.

And of course the graphics...they were five years outdated on launch for the Wii and the WiiU will be outdated pretty quickly. You want some future-proofing built in. The 360/PS3 still look pretty decent for some games...not so much on the Wii.

So now they are going to have a Gameboy instead of a controller? Just doesn't make much sense to me. At their price point they have to be losing money on systems...why can't they just go right to software development, drop the lost money on hardware, and they'd more than break even with the lost profits on hardware and software licenses.