View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 10:33 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if several of the 100 suites in the Barclay's Centre being touted by a poster on here also have an obstructed view - those at the end of the arena where the seats will be retracted to accomodate the ice surface. Unless of course people enjoy leaning over the railings in their private boxes to look directly down at the action going on in their end of the rink.

Expect several of those 100 boxes to be severely discounted or not available at all for the Islanders games and thus, a significant loss of a revenue stream.
I haven't come across any mention in the press, about Barclay's 100 luxury suites having obstructed views. If you come across that info, then please post it.

Meanwhile, Ratner will be working as a free advisor to Nassau County, regarding the Coliseum land development. Several of our posters, think this is Ratner's attempt to get the isles out of their Coliseum lease before 2015.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.4245726

Monti said he hopes to break ground next year. He said that besides entertainment, he envisions a research and development facility on the site. And he said he was "ecstatic" to work with Ratner.

Developers and other officials suggested that a venue earmarked for college sports, preseason games or minor league teams, in addition to other entertainment options, could have 8,000 to 12,000 seats. The Coliseum currently has more than 16,000 seats. A smaller arena, officials said, would require fewer parking spaces. Structured parking, which can cost up to $25,000 per space, has been an issue in the past.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote