View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Renegader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Zharkov is definitely not producing up to expectations offensively. I expected a PPG guy at the very least this year and so far he is well below that mark.

His strengths lie in his rare combination of size and skill. You don't often see guys who are 6'4, and able to beat you with size and finesse. Zharkov has a pro caliber snap shot and is developing a physical side, which will make him that much harder to contain.

The biggest issue I've had with his play thus far has been his shift-to shift consistency or lack thereof. He will go out one shift and absolutely dominate, before disappearing for the rest of the game. If Zharkov starts putting shifts together, I think you'll see a big improvement in his numbers.
I agree with all of this. I'll add as well that sometimes he tries to do too much on his own. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's not.

He needs to shoot more.... a lot more. There is no question in my mind that he has the best/fastest/hardest shot in the OHL (perhaps CHL?). It is an NHL caliber shot and he needs to be shooting pucks on net 8-10 times a game. Seriously... his shot is that good! Shoot the puck more Danii!