View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 12:47 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
A player who's slowly catching my attention is the Saginaw Spirit's RW Nick Moutrey. He's a 6'4" 208 lb powerforward. He's listed as a RW, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him play a few games on the left side. When I say powerforward, I mean powerforward. He's physical, punishing and will beat you in a variety of ways. He's got soft hands too, so he will either go through you or around you. Good instincts around the crease and a solid wrist shot. He uses his body effectively too, protects the puck well and creates space using his body. He needs to work on his passing and puck skills. He got pretty good hands, but they could definitely be better. He does have good vision, but his passing isn't ideal.

Really talented player already and some room to grow. Could be a great late round pick, however if he keeps up the pace that he's playing at he'll most likely be a second rounder.

I watched him the other night against Kamloops. I had no idea that he was draft eligible. He played a solid game. He's still really raw, but he's got some great tools to work with. He's an intriguing player for sure.
Moutrey sounds like an interesting player,there appears to be a few power forwards type players with talent available this season and with three 2nd's the Habs could land one of them.It would be nice to have a couple of players like him in the system,our team needs some big bodies in the forward ranks in the worst way.The players drafted this season should be ready about the time Erik Cole's contract ends and if Bourque doesn't find his game the Habs are going to have to trade out of need. That's not a good position to be in as we've learned over the years,much better to have a few players like Moutrey,Quailer's a big body with speed but not that physical.