View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Still think he's one of the most talented offensive players the WHL has to offer for 2013.

Put him with the proper linemates and he is an extremely dangerous player. The downside of his game is that he might be top 6 or bust.
I'd say he's pretty solidly in the category of top 6 or bust as of right now. St. Croix went fourth round after him and Wruck put pretty much put most of the team's offensive load on their shoulders as 17-year-olds while battling similar size/skating issues, that's something Forsberg isn't even close to doing right now and I don't see many more NHL attributes in him than St. Croix. Just don't see how Forsberg is going to translate really but the season is only 1/3 done so I guess he could show more. It seems like scouts, watchers almost want to find parts of his game to put on a pedestal just because he was first in the bantam draft and that somehow requires validation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Forsbergs biggest problem is he plays for a coach who has no idea how to develop players. Dean Clark is a cavern of huge potential gone bust. Some highly touted players under his tenure as a WHL coach? Pavel Brendl, Kris Beech.

Players who have flourished under his tenure then went onto a good NHL career? Maybe Eric Fehr is as close as you can come.

That from a coach with 12 years in the WHL.
And Dean Clark has to be one of the worst coaches in the WHL for my money. This guy is still riding his success from 10 years ago on highly stacked Hitmen teams and there's been many reports of him treating players like absolute garbage.

puckfan13 is online now   Reply With Quote