View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
It is intersting to see the variance in what some fans (id say knowledgable O fans) think players would commnad in trades. Where it ends up I have no idea, Theres always moves that leave us thinking they paid way too much or wany too little. Itll depend on supply and demand, the NHL lockout et al

I have no idea who Mark may target but hell have a plan A-E and will look for value. He wont want to leave his cupboard (youngins and picks) so bare that they cant compete next year.

I still think hell pull off a move that leaves some wondering HOW? Hes got a lot of flexibility in what he can offer, and what direction he wants to go. I think hes in a great negotiating position because of that flexibility, he can be patient or walk away if its not to his liking. And hes got no owner to appease
I agree. Just to add to your post, I think London is in a similar position as last year. They have a top 3 team in the O and lots of young players and draft picks to trade if they want to add. the only difference this year is that it might cost more for players because it seems there are more "buyers" this year than last year. But the Knights are probably in the best position of any team with their deep prospect pool and future picks owned (2010 and 2011 drafts are looking like excellent drafts so far).