View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
What?!?!? The players simply repackaged the same old "we won't gibe up anything we already have, but we're open to discussing how to cut up any growth beyond what we already have" proposal that they've been making all along.

Now, it is encouraging that the frameworks seem much closer and that they lowered their demand to get paid every penny of current contracts by $200MM (which is a out what's been lost due to cancelled games, right?). If they can cut a couple of the clauses that effectively neuter linkage, both sides should be able to start moving toward the middle and/or trading gives clause by clause.
What's wrong with that? I fail to see why they must instantly go to 50/50. I don't think its to outlandish that their % drops every year until its 50/50. And I don't see whats so wrong with Teams having to honor contracts that they offered. The NHL acts as tho 1/2 of their franchises are going to file for Burbank if they don't get 50/50 right now. If that was the case, why did they extend the last CBA 3 times after it expired?