View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 06:40 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I just got home. I was on 92 between Cazenovia and Manlius. There're two short stretches of four-lane of which I was on one of them passing a guy who was doing 50 and speed limit was 55. I was directly to his left when the deer came across. It was a huge deer so yeah it did do a lot of damage and sadly I doubt it lived. I don't even recall what happened to it...I believe I hit the deer closer to the backside, so I would think it would spin from the impact and go to the driver to my right but I don't think that happened. I don't think it bounced off to my left and into the oncoming lane either. I'm not sure. I was really shocked by the situation and I had no idea what to do. The car was clearly wrecked and I pulled off to the side. I could see it start to smoke so I was afraid it would catch on fire and blow up so I got out.

A few days ago I was on my way home and just toward the town edge of Manlius there was a hit deer that was still alive and the police had come in to set up cones and get (I'm assuming) animal control to come pick it up or perhaps a vet. It didn't feel like that in this situation...I'm pretty sure the deer is gone. If it is still out there god help it.

I called a friend of mine for some advice and he said (summarily) to call the insurance company first as getting the police involved and having the accident documented could cause a larger rate hike. I called the insurance company and they took my claim info. They didn't mention if I needed an accident report so hopefully it's not required. We'll see on Friday - hopefully the claims person gets in touch with me and totals the car.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote