View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrier View Post
It's exactly these kind of stupid posts that do not make me miss this place at times, hockey or not. Sorry, but Smith and Nyquist are worth more than Erik Johnson now and in the future. There's a reason he was traded, argue and justify it any which way you want but all of those with some knowledge of the game will tell you that Smith and Nyquist are both extremely highly touted propsects. Barrie'll be good, sure, I'm a fan of his but using that justification, that he scored so many points in less games mean nothing. See TJ Hensick above.
Sorry but if you seriously cannot take off your homer goggles long enough to make a rational realization, then maybe it's ok that you don't miss this place.

Those 2 guys are prospects...PROSPECTS!!!! The same way that Pavel Brendl was a sure-fire, can't miss prospect. The same way that Filatov, Patrick Stefan, Benoit Pouliot and Cam frikkin' Barker were can't miss prospects and do you think that fans of the teams that picked them were on HFBoards arguing with fans of other teams CLAIMING their superiority based on junior and AHL stats??!?! You bet your ass they were.

I love it that it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for Nyquist and/or Smith to NOT LIVE UP to the #1 pairing / Top Line Forward billing that is being force-fed down our throats. It's just not going to happen.

What do we have to rely on to ensure that they will turn out as you all seem to think? Some hardcore wings fans opinions, 32 NHL games combined and some AHL stats.

Where do I sign?

Maybe we can trade you Landeskog for Tomas Tatar...but only if you guys SWEAR that he'll be better in the end!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote