Thread: GDT: Lockout Thread II
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 08:53 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Exactly, you finally get it. The owners own the teams, and the players play for them.

As I said before, I am not pro-owner, nor am I pro-player. I am pro-hockey.

I am also a realist. And the reality of the situation is that this is a lockout, and the owners own the pucks. As I said above, it really is as simple as that, and enumerating where the owners are and where the players are in the "negotiating" process is pointless.
Sorry, but you are confusing professional sports and mom and pops businesses. Players unions and owners are a partnership. They have been referred to partnership in every sport. GB reffered to them as a partnership. Owners do not make money without the players and the players do not get paid for their skills without the owners. It's a symbiance.

There is give and take in ever CBA. Every sport has a winner and a loser every year. It goes back and forth because they both can't make it without the other. It's worse in the NHL because 10 owners ruin in for the rest of the league. These 10 owners can't get along with the other owners and are irrationale in spending, thus making the others desperate. 15 or so team do not make money or lose money because of this so they don't care if they lock out. NHL is broken because of the owners, not the players who bargain for the top dollar in the contract.