View Single Post
Old
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Bottom line for me, as much as i want Luongo and as much as i want the playoffs, if the price is a detriment to our long term future than it's status quo for me and i'll support Burke for not selling out.
Getting Luongo isn't just about making the playoffs, it's about turning the franchise around. Players want to play in front of him, he sets the standard for work ethic and professionalism in your organization and he makes other players better. You're not just getting some good goalie to throw in their for a few seasons, you'd truly be getting a franchise player. I don't think you appreciate how valuable that is for a young team. He'll leave a mark on your good young players well after he's gone, he'll show them how to get to an elite level.

I understand not wanting to trade Gardiner, I wouldn't either. I don't understand the take it or leave it attitude or the lack of urgency. This guy will do more for your franchise then any one of those young guys will, unless Gardiner really turns into that franchise defensemen.